Monday, November 30, 2009

11/30/09

I can’t believe this is our last week already! This has been a great experience. The girls had gone into the hospital bakery last week so I decided to stop in with them today. The doughnuts I got we amazing!

Here are some pictures of our walk to the bus stop:

The bus was early picking us up so we had to wait for a while. The bus driver was really friendly. He kept asking me questions about America and how my experience was going here in Plymouth. When the students arrived at school, they all kept coming up to me asking me where I was on Friday since I didn’t come in because I was sick.

For 3 hours this morning, the students worked on building their burning houses and making Diva lamps for the Hindu religion. It was a crazy zoo in the classroom but we had a lot of fun. The children worked really hard on their houses.

 

After lunch, they all went immediately to singing practice. There has been no formal instruction at all today.While they were at singing practice, I went through each child’s reading logs to see if they needed new take home books.

The rest of the afternoon, the children had physical education. The coach came in to get them all dressed and he also dismissed them for the day.

Dr. Batey and Keith Jones came by to talk to all of us at the house this evening. She said that she will stop by my school on Thursday morning for my observation.

No comments: