Sunday, November 22, 2009

11-22-09

   The goal for today was to find the Greek Orthodox Church of Saints Demetrius and Nikitas in Plymouth.  I took a taxi there since I had absolutely no clue where I was going.  It was only about a 15 minute ride.  Liturgy started at 9:30 and ended around noon.  It was very long! The church was very small but it was beautiful. I definitely stood out as a new comer.   

   

On the way home I decided to walk and not spend money on a taxi which ended up being a huge mistake!   I had no idea where I was but I walked about a mile and ended up finding the City Centre so I figured out where I was.  At that point I found a bus stop for a bus that would take me home.  Problem was, on Sundays  there are fewer buses.  I had to wait at the stop for nearly an hour.   Once I was finally on the bus, I got sick thanks to my motion sickness issue.  It was so embarrassing.  I was in a horrible mood by the time I arrived home nearly 3 hours later to say the least.

     That evening all eight of us went to Quiz Night in the Marjon dinning hall.  There were quite a few people there.  We met a group of students at the table next to us that we talked to for most of the night.  We went to bed pretty early though since we had a long week ahead of us.

No comments: