Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Ms. Tsengas' Literacy Ideas


Literacy Activities you can do at Home to help me:

· We can start the day by reading the newspaper! Point out interesting pictures and we can read the captions together!

· Let’s visit the library! We can pick out books and I can show you how I can read!

· Pull out those recipes!! We can cook and figure out what the ingredients are together!

· Have me help write a grocery list. We can even carefully cut out coupons in the newspaper.

· The ABC Game is so much fun. We can take turns going through the alphabet and name things that we see that start with each letter of the ABCs.

· I can draw pictures and add sentences to them. Let me show you!

· Can you please buy me Alpha-Bits Cereal? I can practice sounding out and forming words using them! I promise this will be the only time I will play with my food!

· We can read books and do our own fun activities using ideas that we create: make green eggs and ham like Sam I Am or a newspaper hat like Curious George!

· Rereading some of my favorite books would be so awesome!

· Tell me stories! You can make them up or tell me stories about when you were a kid.

· Just talking to me expands my vocabulary, develops background knowledge about topics, and inspires me to have a curiosity about the world – all of which will help me learn to read!

· And last, don’t forget to read with me every night and have book discussions!!!

No comments: