Wednesday, December 2, 2009

12/2/09

On the way to school today, Shree and I got off at different stop to go into a shop to get thank you cards for our directing teachers. They have been amazing. I got Shree’s teacher a baby outfit and I am getting Ms. Bryant flowers.

Ms. Bryant’s Car:

102_0407

 

Right when the students came in and the attendance was taken, I pulled three students at a time to work in a small group with me. Last week they built their houses out of boxes and put tissue paper to represent the fire of London that they are learning about. Today they were making a simple electrical circuit in order to make a light bulb light up to put inside their house. This makes it look as if the house is on fire. All of the students except three of them completed the task with no problem. Then they had to explain what they did to make it work. If it didn’t work they had to explain why and try to fix it. Check out the pictures of the children hard at work.

 

 

In math they were working on dividing by grouping and finding remainders. One of the students at my table was struggling but everyone else picked up on it quickly.

For lunch today I decided to eat a school dinner. I ordered roast and potatoes.  The best thing I have eaten all week for sure! 

102_0525 102_0526

 

Sorry I haven’t updated in a few days! As you can see we have been very busy! Can’t wait to come home and see everyone :)

No comments: